OUR BRAND NEW BLOG FEATURING MUSIC NEWS, INTERVIEWS, FEATURES, LIVE EVENTS + CREATIVE WRITING

Wednesday 16 June 2010

Walkmen - Lisbon



The Walkmen's 2008 album You & Me was, for me, like re-discovering a vague acquintance as a soulmate. I'd always been aware of them and The Rat had blown my mind, but i didn't really give Bows & Arrows much time to sink in, in hindsight, i can see that is something essential to the listening process with a band as deep and layered as The Walkmen.

You & Me has soundtracked so many night bus journeys around London over the last two years its a 'go to' for me whenever i find myself alone in the city seeking a quick and safe passage back to my flat. I really hope that with the announcement of a new album Lisbon, due in September this year, i'll have even more late night fodder.

Check back for more updates on the new album but for now...


No comments:

Post a Comment